Sunday, December 14, 2008

Destiny's Child

Great news everybody, Destiny's Child is eating like a champ. I was worried about him for awhile. After nearly freezing on his traumatizing trip from Vermont, he has been quite stand-off-ish. He was striking an awful lot at any movement, so I decided to give him a smaller cage, a dark hide box, and to put him up high where he wouldn't be disturbed. I think this has really helped him feel secure. After shedding, he ate two fuzzy rats this week with no problem. Huzzah!

4 comments:

Steve and Nery said...

That's awesome, I didn't know that he had shed. Did you keep the skin? I am looking forward to the new female coming in a few months.

Hopefully in the next month or two we will have some eggs with the other two. They don't come out of the hide much when I am watching but I can tell by the tracks in the substrate and substrate in their water dish that they get around when no one is watching. I also seems like they are drinking more, their water was quite low when I changed it last night.

dave, catie, and baby b. said...

it's a christmas miracle!
dave, go down to the market and buy the biggest turkey hanging in the window! with haste my boy!

jk...i really am so happy that d/c is doing good. i feel a little connection with him because of his arrival.

love, me

Anonymous said...

I feel like I'm in the twilight zone.

dave, catie, and baby b. said...

Oh Cory, the minute you get your hands on one of these pythons, you're mind will be enlightened.

But I do admit its a little weird to be the only follower of your own blog.